The UIS Police Department shall have the authority to revoke the parking privileges of any individual who:
The UIS Police Department is authorized to impose sanctions for violation of these regulations, withdraw motor vehicle privileges as provided in these regulations, cause the removal of trespassing vehicles at the operator's or owner's expense as provided in these regulations, refer the matter to internal disciplinary action, impose a violation penalty, or any combination of the above.
The UIS Police Department shall have the authority to impose a violation penalty in addition to the sanctions listed in Sections 6-101 and 6-102 of this part as established below:
A. Notwithstanding any provisions of these regulations, any student who fails, refuses, or neglects to pay a violation penalty as set forth in these regulations will be subject to an administrative hold being placed on the student's registration and/or records until such time as the amount is paid to the Bursar.
B. Notwithstanding any provisions of these regulations, any person who is an employee of the University and who fails to pay a violation penalty as set forth in these regulations will be subject to having such violation penalty owed to the University deducted from the sums due to such employee from the University.
A. Vehicles may be subject to removal from the campus under the following conditions:
(1) Motor vehicles parked in such a manner as to impede the normal flow of traffic; vehicles blocking driveways, wheelchair ramps, fire lanes and hydrants, or other vehicles; and those parked in handicap parking spaces without handicap plates, decals or disabled veteran plates may be removed immediately when the violations are noted by a police officer or upon complaint to the Police Department.
(2) Vehicles which are found abandoned/derelict and/or inoperable because of traffic accidents. Abandoned/derelict vehicles are defined as those vehicles without a current license plate, in obvious disrepair, or which otherwise appear to be abandoned, and as further described in Chapter 625 of the Illinois Compiled Statutes.
(3) Any vehicle found on campus after loss of parking privileges may be removed therefrom at the expense of the owner or operator as provided in these regulations.
B. All vehicles removed under conditions as listed above will be removed at the expense of the owner or operator of such vehicle.
A. Any person who desires to appeal a violation penalty, must appeal it within ten (10) calendar days of the ticket’s issuance. Appeal forms are available at the Parking Operations office and available online (pdf). The individual filing the appeal has the option to appear in person before the Board to present his/her case.
B. Anyone who fails to file an appeal waives the right to the same and shall be subject to violation penalty or sanctions otherwise herein provided.
The Board may consist of two student members, two faculty members, and two staff members appointed by the appropriate Senate. The Board shall establish its own procedures for due process. The decisions of the board are final.
Shall have the authority to:
(1) Affirm the violation or any sanction imposed under regulations.
(2) Determine that no violation penalty was incurred or other sanction imposed under these regulations.
(3) Grant a continuance or rehearing for a violation.
THESE REGULATIONS ARE SUBJECT TO REVISION AT ANY TIME. COPIES OF THE COMPLETE PARKING REGULATIONS ARE AVAILABLE AT THE PARKING OPERATIONS OFFICE.