Future Orientation Dates
Spring Semester, January 2015 Orientation Schedule
(for students admitted to the UIS for the Spring Semester of 2015)
- Thursday, January 15-16: Freshmen Orientation
- Friday, January 16: Transfer and Graduate Student Orientation
- Saturday, January 17: Inclement Weather reschedule for either program if it is cancelled due to inclement weather
NOTE: Transfers/Graduate Students you will only need to attend one orientation.
For more info contact:
- Office of New Student Orientation and Parent Relations
Phone: (217) 206-8181
Fall Semester: June, July, August 2015 Orientation Schedule
Congratulations and a big Prairie Star Welcome to our new freshmen, transfer, and graduate students admitted to the Fall 2015 Semester at UIS!
Schedules and registration for First-Year Orientation June and July sessions will be available on February 1, 2015. Schedules and registration for Transfer/Graduate Student Orientation for students admitted for the summer and fall semesters will be available March 1, 2015. So please check back for more information in the new year.
Here is some helpful information as you plan your summer activities…
First-Year Summer Orientation Dates:
June/July Two-Day, Overnight Orientation Session (attend only 1)*
- F1: Friday, June 12 – Saturday, June 13 (Space for 40 Traditional Students)
- F2: Monday, June 15 – Tuesday, June 16 (Space for 35 CAP Scholars and 40 Traditional Students)
- F3: Thursday, June 18 – Friday, June 19 (Space for 35 CAP Scholars and 40 Traditional Students)
- F4: Friday, July 10 – Saturday, July 11 (Space for 35 CAP Scholars and 40 Traditional Students)
- F5: Monday, July 13 – Tuesday, July 14 (Space for 35 CAP Scholars and 40 Traditional Students)
- Summer Bridge: July 20-July 21: STARS Bridge Program Participant and Family Orientation session (See STARS website for more information about the July 20-31 program and participant information. Participants in Summer Bridge program only attend this summer orientation program).
- F7: August TBA (reserved for students admitted/accepted after July 1)
August Orientation, Resident Move-In, and Commuter Meeting (a schedule of activities and more details will be available July 1):
- August 19: Move-in for students living on-campus (details will be made available by Residence Life in July) ** If you know you will be driving to Springfield and staying overnight you may want to make hotel reservations now. The Illinois State Fair is August 13-23, 2015.
- August 19: Commuter Meet ‘n Greet (mandatory for all first-year commuters)
- August 19: New Student & Family Welcome Dinner (5-6 p.m.) FREE!
- August 19: New Student & Family Convocation (6-7 p.m. ) FREE!
- August 20-22: August Orientation (mandatory for all first years)
- August 24: First Day of Classes
Transfer/Graduate Student Orientation Dates:
- Monday, April 13 (for students enrolling summer 2015 and fall 2015)
- Wednesday, June 17 (for students enrolling fall 2015)
- Wednesday, July 15 (for students enrolling fall 2015)
- August 21 (for students enrolling fall 2015, reserved for students admitted after July 1)