Freshmen Move-In and Orientation Week, August 2015
Hey, Class of 2019! Save the Date and
Kick-off Move-In and Orientation Week at UIS!
Make plans now to join us at the New Student and Family Welcome BBQ and Convocation.
August Orientation, Resident Move-In, and Commuter Meeting (a schedule of activities and more details will be available in early July):
- August 19: Move-in for students living on-campus (details will be made available by Residence Life in July) ** If you know you will be driving to Springfield and staying overnight you may want to make hotel reservations now. The Illinois State Fair is August 13-23, 2015.
- August 19: Commuter Meet ‘n Greet (mandatory for all first-year commuters)
- August 19: New Student & Family Welcome Dinner (5-6 p.m.) FREE!
- August 19: New Student & Family Convocation (6-7 p.m. ) FREE!
- August 20-22: August Orientation (mandatory for all first years)
- August 24: First Day of Classes
All new students (commuter and on-campus residential) will be required to attend the August Orientation Week programs. We have a number of events scheduled that Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, and Saturday before classes start to help you become a more effective student, get acclimated to campus, and meet your classmates!
Can’t wait to see you!