Wednesday, April 30, 2008
Thursday, April 24, 2008
Mary Jane's grand opening
3:30 p.m., Tuesday, April 29, Brookens Library, level 1
Offering: pastries, light lunch items, fair trade coffee, espresso, and other gourmet beverages
Operated by Bevande Coffee, Bloomington
The name Mary Jane's honors Mary Jane MacDonald, the first librarian hired at Sangamon State University.
For details, contact Jane Treadwell at 6-6597.
Wednesday, April 16, 2008
Faculty Honors Reception
4 p.m., Monday, April 28, PAC C/D
- Recognizing faculty who have been recommended for sabbatical leave, tenure and/or promotion and those who have been granted emeritus status
- Announcing recipients of the Excellence, Oakley, Pearson, and Spencer awards
Contact the provost's office for more information.
Tuesday, April 15, 2008
Women's Center Annual Garden Party & Awards Ceremony
- 11th Naomi B. Lynn Award for Outstanding Contribution to the Environment for Women at UIS (presented by the Women's Center Council)
- 4th Student Activism Award (presented by the Women's Issues Caucus student club)
Ceremonies begin at 5:15 p.m.
For information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 6-7173.
Friday, April 11, 2008
Take Back the Night march and rally
Friday, April 18
- Begins at 7 p.m. with a rally on the LLCC campus
- March from LLCC to UIS
- Entertainment and refreshments
Presented by: UIS Women's Issues Caucus and LLCC Feminist Action Coalition student clubs, UIS Women's Center, UIS Student Government Association, the Prairie Center Against Sexual Assault, and the LLCC Multicultural Center
The Take Back the Night movement is inclusive of all genders and sexual orientations.
For more information go to www.takebackthenight.org/ or contact Lynn Otterson at 6-7173.
Tuesday, April 08, 2008
UIS International Block Party
Student Life plaza area, east side of campus
Food, salsa dancing lessons, music
Open to the campus community
Contact Jeannie Jones at 6-6584 for details.
Tuesday, April 01, 2008
"Achieving Campus Sustainability"
9 a.m. to noon, Wednesday, April 23, PAC C/D
continental breakfast and handouts provided
RSVP by April 14 by contacting Brenda Allan at 6-7163 or email@example.com.
For additional information, contact Tih-Fen Ting, assistant professor of Environmental Studies, at 6-7876.