Ask HR Header


Tree ringsHow do I get credit for prior service at another state institution or agency?


Employees may receive credit for years of past continuous service with a reciprocal employer by submitting a Prior Service Verification Form. The form includes sections for completion by the employee and previous employer.

Read U of I Policy and Rules 13.02 for more information about reciprocal employers.

November 8, 2010

Office of Human Resources

Questions about prior service? Contact: