Ask HR Header


How do I report my absences if I am an exempt employee?

Hands on keyboardAnswer:

Exempt staff who are not eligible for overtime should report absences in half-day and full-day increments only (i.e. 4 and 8 hours for full-time Academic employees; 3.75 and 7.5 hours for 37.5 hour/week Civil Service employees).  If you are absent for less than a half-day, leave benefits should not be used for that absence.  However, you must still follow your unit procedures for requesting time off.

For additional information on exempt employees and leave usage/reporting please go to the following links:

Exempt Reporting Communication (pdf) and

Exempt Leave Reporting FAQ (pdf)

September 2012

Human Resources

For Fair Labor Standards Act questions contact:

Mark Owens

For Civil Service Leave questions contact:

Joy Thibadeau

For Academic Professional Leave questions contact:

Melanie Trimm