Musical ensembles and music courses at UIS are open to all students, faculty, staff AND community members. Click on a link below to learn more.
UIS Music Ensembles:
- MUS 111 – Fundamentals of Music Theory
- MUS 121 – Introduction to Western Art Music
- MUS 131 – Beginning Class Guitar
- MUS 133 – Beginning Class Piana
- MUS 151 – Arts and Identity of Japan and the United States
- MUS 181 – Introduction to Music Technology
- MUS 191 – Musics of the World
- MUS 239 – Black Music in American Culture
- MUS 281 – Music, Technology, and Culture
- MUS 319 – Music and Social Justice (ECCE)
- MUS 335 – Jazz in American Culture
- MUS 380 – Topics in Music
- MUS 419 – American Musics (ECCE)
- MUS 499 – Tutorial
Please Note: If you are not currently a UIS student but would like to earn credit for any UIS Music Ensemble or course you may do so as a non-degree-seeking student paying regular course tuition and fees. Community members wishing to participate in UIS Music ensembles need not register for credit.
Additional Music Opportunities
Affiliated musical organizations and on-campus music activities at UIS are open to all students, faculty, staff AND community members. Click on a link below to learn more.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.