All MBA entrance requirements must be completed and GPA/GMAT scores must meet entrance requirements in order to register for MBA courses.
Submit the following to the UIS Office of Admissions:
1) Graduate application and application fee
2) Official transcripts from every college or university attended, including documentation of degree(s) earned
(Note: Applications with an undergraduate cumulative GPA below 2.0 will not be considered. A cumulative GPA over 2.5 is preferred.)
These requirements should be sent to the UIS MBA office:
3) Three letters of reference
4) A current resume
5) A career goals essay (two pages or less, single-spaced) outlining reasons for pursing the degree, how an MBA degree will aid in accomplishing personal short and long term goals as well as any other information that demonstrates potential for success
6) Official GMAT score or evidence of substantial managerial experience and supervisory responsibility
(This experience is evaluated with the three reference letters, resume and career goals essay.)
Register for the GMAT
Find a local test center.
Contact the UIS Career Development Center for a Prep Course.
(Note: GMAT scores under 400 will not be considered. However, if the cumulative GPA is low, a GMAT above 400 will be required.)
Springfield Applicants: Although there are no application deadlines, it is wise to submit the above information at least 6-8 weeks before desiring to begin coursework. New students may begin MBA coursework in the Fall or Spring.
Peoria Applicants: Peoria cohorts begin only in the Fall. Application prior to April 1 is encouraged.
International Applicants: Deadlines are defined by the UIS Office of Admissions.