Graduate Certificate in Human Resource Management- Beginning Fall 2012
Graduate Certificate in Human Resource Management (12 hours) This certificate is available on line
The purpose of this certificate is to equip students with the knowledge and background for the human resource management strategic roles of the future. Students will study the body of human resource management knowledge including staffing, training and development, total compensation, employee relations, and labor relations.
Upon successful completion of this certificate program a student will:
- Be able to demonstrate an understanding of key human resource areas including strategic human resource planning, job analysis, recruitment, selection, orientation, training, career development, performance appraisal, compensation, incentives, union-management relations, diversity, succession planning and the role of human resources in the global organization.
- Be able to articulate the strategic role of human resources and its role and impact on organizational success.
- Be able to prepare professional level written documents for multiple organizational purposes and directed to a variety of stakeholders.
- Be able to systematically analyze organizational issues from a human resource perspective and recommend appropriate human resource solutions.
- Understand and articulate the impact of an organization’s external environment on human resource management and be able to articulate how human resource management can help an organization respond to challenges from the external environment.
Entrance and Course Requirements
Students must hold a baccalaureate degree from an accredited institution and meet campus requirements for admission to graduate study. Candidates for the certificate will be expected to complete course requirements with a grade of B (3.0) or better.
- MGT 431 Human Resource Management or BUS541 Organizational Behavior or Equivalent 3 Hrs.
- MGT 531 Acquiring and Developing Talent 3 Hrs.
- MGT 532 Performance Management 3 Hrs.
- MGT 538 Strategic Human Resource Management 3 Hrs.