Associate Professor, Liberal Studies/Liberal and Integrative Studies, Women’s Studies, English
Ph.D. English, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
Phone: (217) 206-7431
Office: UHB 3027
Teaching Interests: European literature (English Pre-Raphaelites; French and Russian Symbolists), 1850-1920, contemporary French literature.
Courses: Ancient Greek and Biblical Motifs in European Literature, 1880-Present, Dostoevsky, European Cinema, International Women Writers, Major Women Writers, Symbolist Movement in Europe.
- “Methods in Teaching Literature online”, Modern Languages Association
- “Ekphrasis in the Age of Cervantes: Ekphrasis in Flaubert’s Short Stories”, International Literary Symposiums in Paris
- “Recapturing Works of Art in Mallarme’s Herodiade”, Princetom University
- “Artistic References in Flaubert’s Short Story, ‘Herodias’”, Illinois Philological Association
- Poetry – Under the Light of the Moon and Dancing Over the Precipice
- Zinaida Vengerova In Search of Beauty: A Literary Ambassador between East and West (University of Heidelberg series, Peter Lang) Now in its second printing.
- Dictionary of Literary Biography
- Rutledge Who’s Who in Twentieth Century World Poetry
- Reference Guide of Short Fiction
Dr. Neginsky is also the recipient of a number of awards from NEH and IREX.