UIS German Club
UIS German Club is an active organization of students and enthusiasts of German language and culture. Some recent activities include:
- Das Erntedankfest: Our annual Thanksgiving festival
- Trip to Chicago’s Christkindlemarket and dinner at a German restaurant
- Der Cookout: A lesson in German culture and food, hosted by Louise Michaud
- Mardi Gras party at Jacksonville College of Illinois: A day-long immersion in German costume and culture
- Cookie exchange and gingerbread house raffle: Fundraisers to sponsor a student trip to Germany
The German Club also hopes to sponsor future trips to Germany for interested students. To learn more about this opportunity, contact us at one of the addresses below.
In May 2006, UIS German Club sponsored Hedy Hoelmann, an active international dance instructor, who came to campus as part of a Maypole celebration.
How to get involved:
To attend a meeting, contact our president, Ricky Stead, for more information.
UIS German Club also sponsors an open discussion group which meets every third Monday of the month at 6:00 p.m. at the Pasta House. This group is open to anyone who wants to speak German with good food and good company.