We congratulate you on your decision to study at the University of Illinois Springfield and wish you the very best academic and interpersonal experiences while you are here. We hope you are as excited about joining us as we are to have you! Preparing for your voyage to America and getting everything in order for a successful semester. Not sure where to start? Don’t worry, we’re here to help.
How to Prepare:
- Check your Admissions Status
- Initial Form I-20
- Paying the SEVIS Fee
- Obtaining your F-1 Student Visa
- Confirm Attendance
- Apply for Housing
- Travel for New Students
- New International Student Orientation and Check-In
- Required Immunizations
Study in the United States:
- One of your best sources of information about everything related to study in the United States is the EducationUSA center located in your own country.
- Study in the States is a great website for prospective and current international students looking for information about obtaining a student visa and maintaining status.
- If you would like to do even more preparation uStudy.us has prepared a series of courses: Before You Leave, While You’re Abroad, and Once You Return that cover much of what you will need to know about coming to the US for study and returning home afterwards.