This section strives to keep all current international students with F-1 visas up to date on your legal responsibilities in the U.S. If after reading this information you still have questions please feel free to call or visit ISS for more detailed information.
- Maintaining F-1 Visa Status – There a hundreds of immigration laws that impact international people in the United States. It is important to know and follow the laws for your status. Following the laws keeps a student “in status” and violating a law can make a student “out of status.”
- Drivers License – Information to obtain your Drivers License within the state of Illinois.
- Health – Health Services provide preventive services and resources that support participation in health care, enabling individuals to recognize health as a comprehensive state over which they have control. Health care that allows individuals to perform optimally, both physically and mentally, in order to achieve their academic and intellectual potential and to minimize interruptions in their academic careers.
- Employment – Information about different types of authorized work opportunities for international students
- Taxes – All international students in the United States are required to fill out and mail income tax forms with the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) even if they did not make any money.
- Travel – Information on Travel in and outside the United States.