New International Student Check-in
All new F-1 students at UIS are required to check in with the Office of International Student Services (OISS). The OISS will not register you with the Student and Exchange Visitor Information System (SEVIS) until you have completed the check-in process. Unless you are registered in SEVIS, you will lose the F-1 immigration status granted you at the Port of Entry and will become subject to deportation proceedings. New International Student Check-in is of utmost importance. Please complete the check-in process as soon as possible after your arrival in the U.S.
1. Housing: If you have applied for and been assigned UIS on-campus housing, check in with the Housing Office and obtain your on-campus address. If you are living off-campus, please ask your landlord to provide the exact physical address of your rented home or apartment. Print out this form and write your local U.S. address here:
2. Address Update: Update your current mailing address in Student Accounts. Select “UI-integrate Self Service”, select “University of Illinois at Springfield (UIS)”, enter your Net ID & Password, select “Personal Information”, select “Addresses & Phones”, select “Current Mailing Address”, update the data with your current mailing address and phone. This is the address where you are living now, in the United States – not your home country address.
3. Health Services: Take your immunization records to Health Services. Have your tuberculosis (TB) test administered. Return to Health Services when instructed to obtain the results of the TB test. Take the copy of this form that you printed out, and ask the person providing your TB test results to sign here verifying that you have provided all required information and have obtained all required immunizations.
4. Travel Documents: Make photocopies of the ID page from your passport, your visa, and your Arrival/Departure (I-94) form (provided to you on the airplane and probably stapled to your passport at the Port of Entry).
5. Immigration Rules: Print, read, and sign the Pledge of Compliance form.
6. Check-In: Bring this page containing your address and the signature from Health Services, the documents from 4 and 5 above, and a copy of your class schedule to the location and at the time announced at international orientation. (If you have not yet registered for your classes, see these instructions. You may also need to contact your program office for instructions about meeting with your Academic Adviser and completing the registration process.)
Name / University Identification Number (UIN):
If you have any questions regarding the check-in process or any of the documents involved, please contact the Office of International Student Services at 217-206-6678 or firstname.lastname@example.org.