Orientation for New Students
The Office of International Student Services (ISS) provides a mandatory orientation program each semester. All new international students are expected to attend. The director, international peers, faculty and university service unit representatives, (i.e. Housing, Health Insurance, Health Services, Center for Teaching and Learning, Library, etc.) provide information and guidance to facilitate a smooth transition for new international students to the campus and community. Information is provided on academic, financial, personal, social, institutional, cross-cultural and governmental issues.
Following the New International Student orientation, and after registering for classes, you must check-in with our office (located in the Human Resources Building, Room 52) by completing all of the steps on the check-in form below. You must check-in to maintain your status. Failure to do so will result in the loss of your status and possible deportation. Check-In times for each semester can be found on the current Orientation Schedule Spring 2014 You will not be able to check-in unless you bring all of the following with you:
- International Student Check-In Form
- Pledge of Compliance form (pdf)
- Form I-20
- I-94 (Arrival/Departure Record, https://i94.cbp.dhs.gov/I94/request.html).
- Printed copy of your class schedule (use the “Detail View” when printing from Enterprise)
Please view the On-Line Welcome Folder for additional information.
Following your orientation, you may wish to review the following information:
- Cultural Adaptation presentation (pptx)
- USFSCO presentation (pptx)
- Employment, ssn, DL, etc.
- Welcome and Culture Shock
- ACADEMIC INTEGRITY PPT for International Students
- International FALL 2014 Health Insurance PowerPoint Presentation
- International Student Orientation Fall 2014
Please click on the links below for information pertaining to pre-departure orientation information. These links can assist you with things you should know before you leave your home country to come study in the United States.