UIS offers a number of international study options.
Short Term Study Abroad Programs:
- Japanese Language and Culture in Ashikaga, Japan – June 2014
- Chinese Language and Culture – Summer 2014
- Public Health in Gambia – Summer 2014
- Tropical Ecology and Conservation, Belize – Summer 2014
- Global Experience Program in Turkey – Summer 2014
Applications Deadlines for UIS Global Experience Programs for the summer of 2014:
- March 15
Please note: Where student interest in a program is high there is a possibility that a program may fill before the final deadline of March 15th. You are encouraged to submit your application as soon as possible.
UIS has reciprocal exchange agreements for semester or year long study with the following schools:
- Charles Darwin University in Darwin, Australia
- Saitama University at Saitama, Japan
- University of Colima in Colima, Mexico
- The University of Hull, England
- Pierre-Mendes-France University Grenoble 2, France
- Heilongjiang University, China
- Sangmyung University, Korea
- Vesalius College, Belgium
- Institute des Hautes Etudes des Communications Sociales ,Belgium
- Queen’s University, Northern Ireland (Politics, International Studies, Philosophy, Law, History and Anthropology)
- Roskilde University, Denmark
- Radboud University, The Netherlands
- The University of Valencia, Spain
In addition to semester and full year exchange opportunities at the University of Colima there are also on line exchange opportunities in Political Science. UIS students may register for selected on line courses at the U. of Colima. Syllabi for the fall of 2013 may be found here. Contact the Office of International Programs or the Department of Political Science for registration details.
UIS has also entered into a limited summer exchange program with Queen’s University in Belfast, Northern Ireland for a summer study program in Irish Studies at the end of July and beginning of August.
Students selected to participate in reciprocal exchange programs pay tuition and fees to UIS. All other expenses, housing, board, etc. are paid to the host institution.
UIS has joined the International Student Exchange Program (ISEP) a consortium of colleges and universities around the world. Through ISEP UIS students will be able to apply to study at partner universities from 55 countries.
Application Deadlines for exchange programs are:
Spring programs – September 15th
Fall programs – February 15th
Queen’s U. summer program – March 30th
UIS is a member of COPLAC, the Council of Public Liberal Arts Colleges. In order to expand study abroad opportunities for students at COPLAC colleges and universities, member institutions have agreed to share resources and programming. Students can choose from a wide range of COPLAC faculty-led study abroad programs. Admission to these programs is on a space available basis, with students at the sponsoring campus afforded priority registration. More information on COPLAC faculty-led study abroad programs may be found here.
UIS also has affiliation agreements with the following schools:
- The State University of Maringa, Brazil
- National University of Ireland, Maynooth
- The University of The Gambia, West Africa
- Dalian University of Foreign Language, China
- Harbin University of Science and Technology, China
- Dongbei University of Finance and Technology, China
- Dalian University, China
- Beijing Language and Culture University, China
- Taizhou University, China
- The Ashikaga Institute of Technology, Japan (short term exchange agreement – see above)