UIS offers a number of international study options.
Short Term Study Abroad Programs offered by UIS and partner universities:
- Japanese Language and Culture in Ashikaga, Japan – June 2016
- Chinese Language and Culture – Summer 2016
- Irish Studies Queen’s University – Summer 2016
- International Summer School, Maynooth Ireland – Summer 2016
- Radboud University (the Netherlands) summer 2016 offerings
- Thailand – January 2016
Japanese Language and Culture in Ashikaga, Japan (optional one week extension in Korea) – June 2017
Applications Deadlines for UIS Global Experience Programs for the summer of 2016:
- March 15
Please note: Where student interest in a program is high there is a possibility that a program may fill before the final deadline of March 15th. You are encouraged to submit your application as soon as possible.
UIS has reciprocal exchange agreements for semester or year long study with the following schools:
- Charles Darwin University in Darwin, Australia
- Saitama University at Saitama, Japan
- University of Colima in Colima, Mexico
- The University of Hull, England
- Pierre-Mendes-France University Grenoble 2, France
- Heilongjiang University, China
- Sangmyung University, Korea
- Vesalius College, Belgium
- Institute des Hautes Etudes des Communications Sociales ,Belgium
- Queen’s University, Northern Ireland (Politics, International Studies, Philosophy, Law, History and Anthropology)
- Roskilde University, Denmark
- Radboud University, The Netherlands
- The University of Valencia, Spain
In addition to semester and full year exchange opportunities at the University of Colima there are also on line exchange opportunities in Political Science. UIS students may register for selected on line courses at the U. of Colima. Contact the Office of International Programs or the Department of Political Science for registration details.
Students selected to participate in reciprocal exchange programs pay tuition and fees to UIS. All other expenses, housing, board, etc. are paid to the host institution.
International Student Exchange Program Network.
UIS has joined the International Student Exchange Program (ISEP) a network of colleges and universities around the world. Through ISEP UIS students will be able to apply to study at partner universities from 55 countries.
Application Deadlines for exchange programs through UIS partners are:
Spring programs – September 15th
Fall programs – February 15th
Queen’s U. summer program – March 30th
UIS also has affiliation agreements with the following schools:
- The State University of Maringa, Brazil
- National University of Ireland, Maynooth
- The University of The Gambia, West Africa
- Dalian University of Foreign Language, China
- Dalian University, China
- Beijing Language and Culture University, China
- Taizhou University, China
- The Ashikaga Institute of Technology, Japan (short term exchange agreement – see above)