- 1) Schedule an appointment to meet with the Director of the Office of International Programs to review your proposed study abroad program and to go over the application procedures.
Phone: (217) 206-8319
- 2) Schedule an appointment to meet with your academic advisor to review your progress towards your degree and your proposed study abroad program.
- 3) Fill out the Global Experience Program application.
- 4) Arrange to have an official transcript of your college/university course work sent to the Office of International Programs.
- 5) Obtain twoLetter of Recommendation gep application.
- 6) Upon acceptance you will be asked to fill out and sign three additional forms:
- a) Acknowledgement of Risks and Responsibilities (.doc)
- b) A Financial Agreement Specific to the program for which you are applying if you are applying for a UIS short term program.
- c) Signature form (.doc)
- 1. academic advisor,
- 2. director of financial assistance (if you are applying for aid),
- 3. the Dean of Students or proxy (Jim Korte, Dean of Students),
- 4. and self
- 7) If you are applying for a non-UIS program you will also need to submit the application for that program. This will be forwarded to the program by the office of International Programs along with your transcript, relevant letters of recommendation and an official letter from the Office on International Programs certifying that you have been approved to study abroad on that program
- Application Deadlines Global Experience Travel Scholarship Deadline Feb. 15th for all summer, fall and spring programs.
- Summer programs – March 15th (summer program in Irish Studies at Queen’s University – March 30th)
- Fall programs
Exchange programs February 15th
All other programs March 15th
- Spring Programs
Exchange programs September 15th
All other programs October 15th