Meet Stefano Longo
- M.A. Instruction and Curriculum, University of Colorado
- M.A. Sociology, University of Oregon
- Ph.D. Sociology, University of Oregon
- I enjoy learning about and interacting with local food producers, cooking and eating the products of their labor, gardening and working with the dirt, listening to Tom Waits, and playing with my children.
- I have worked in a number of different jobs before coming to UIS including (but not limited to) the printing, music, and food service industries.
- I used to play in heavy metal and punk rock bands.
- Learning is a lifelong process.
- Environmental sociology, social theory and political economy
Major project underway:
- Examining the socio-ecological transformations in the Mediterranean bluefin tuna fishery.
Advice to prospective students:
- Doubt everything!
Best thing about UIS:
- Small classes and personalized atmosphere