Meet Feng-Shun “Leo” Bin
- B.A. in Economics, ZhongShan University (China)
- M.A. in Economics, University of Mississippi
- Ph.D. in Finance, University of Mississippi
- I was originally born on the sun, and then recycled onto the earth at Guangzhou, China in August 1970. I graduated with a B.A. degree in Economics from Zhongshan University, Guangzhou, China, and then worked at computerizing the financial accounting system for PengCheng Co. Ltd., an international trade company. I went to the U.S. in 1993 for graduate studies at the University of Mississippi, earned my M.A. degree in Economics and Ph.D. in Finance (with two minors in Accounting Theories and Quantitative Methods).
- Since 2001, I have been at the University of Illinois Springfield in the Business Administration Department, and my primary teaching areas include corporate financial management, investment analysis, financial institution management and capital budgeting.
- My birth sign is Leo (born in August) and my nickname is also Leo.
- Chatting with me, but before knowing me, young students asked me from time to time whether I was a student too. I take that as a compliment.
- “Put your mouth where your mind is. Put your mind where your money is. Put your money where your mouth is.”
- I have published various journal articles about financial analysis and international investment, focusing on the exchange-rate risk, interest-rate risk, market risk, political risk, foreign stocks listed in the U.S. market, and U.S. policy changes in financial reporting practices.
Major project underway:
- A comparison study across U.S., U.K. and Australian stock market reactions to Internet gaming regulations and deregulations
Advice to prospective students:
- EARN your degree by learning and integrating knowledge
Best thing about UIS:
- Our online programs are the best nationwide; and our campus is located in the hometown of President Abraham Lincoln, the most admirable American leader.