Information Technology Services offers equipment loans for academic projects and initiatives. With laptops, MiFis, digital cameras, camcorders, tablet PCs, and video projectors, the UIS community has technology resources available to check out and use for their academic needs.
Included below is a list of the equipment that members of the University community [with approval] may check out from ITS Client Services [lower level of Brookens Library, BRK 180].
- Digital Cameras
- Digital Video Camcorders
- Windows Laptops
- Voice Recorders
- Kensington Remotes
- iPads (Faculty only)
- Macintosh Laptops (Faculty only)
Faculty, staff, and students may come to ITS Client Services [BRK 180] to checkout equipment. Off-campus networking arrangements and special requests must be arranged by Rick Geary [206-6322] prior to checkout. Depending on availability, arrangements can be made to reserve the equipment.
When checking out equipment, users will be asked to provide a valid I-Card and complete and sign a checkout form indicating the date and time of checkout and return.
The maximum checkout period is 7 days unless prior permission is obtained by an Information Technology Services supervisor. If you have reserved equipment and do not pick it up by the originally scheduled time, the equipment will become available for other users on an as-needed basis.
Late fees will be incurred if the equipment is not returned on time. If you are unable to return the equipment on the due date, immediately contact a Media Lab Supervisor [206-6550].
- You are responsible for all of the equipment in the case [including the manual]. The equipment is inspected when returned.
- You are responsible for providing your own recording media such as a mini DV tape.
- The fine for late equipment is $10.00 per day with a potential loss of equipment loan privileges, regardless of who checks it out. If you need an extension, come in or call us at 217-206-6550.
- Loss or damage to the equipment during checkout is the financial responsibility of the person in whose name it is checked out.
- Equipment should not be exposed to adverse conditions.
- If you have not received training by class instruction, and have no prior experience with the equipment, you must receive training from a Media Lab employee before leaving the Media Lab with the equipment. Training may be done either in groups for campus classes with specific assignment needs, or individually by appointment.
Student Laptop Checkout
Students may now check out a Windows laptop for a limited time from ITS Client Services [BRK 180]. Patrons will need to provide a valid I-Card upon checkout and return and assume the following responsibilities:
- I agree to assume full responsibility for laptop and peripherals and must comply with the Acceptable Use of Information Technology Resources policies.
- I understand laptop computers can only be checked out by currently enrolled UIS students and used by the borrowers and patrons who have fines or suspended borrowing privileges are ineligible to use this service.
- I agree to sign the initial Student Laptop Borrower’s Agreement and present a valid I-Card during the borrowing process.
- I understand that the equipment that is checked out cannot be renewed until a one week waiting period has passed.
- I understand laptops will be available on a first-come, first-serve basis and cannot be reserved ahead of time.
- I am aware of the checkout period for laptops is a week [7 days] and all borrowed laptops must be returned to ITS Client Services [BRK 180].
- I understand an eligible patron is allowed to borrow one laptop at a time.
- I am responsible for making sure that the laptop is in working order and without physical damage when it is checked out.
- I agree to not install, alter, delete or copy any software on the laptop or otherwise change its existing configuration.
- I understand that printing will be set up for the UHB Computer Lab, Media Lab, and Brookens Library and be aware of what location I am printing to.
- I will allow at least five minutes for an ITS staff member or a student worker to check the equipment.
- I understand my privilege to check out a laptop may be removed for one semester if I fail to return loaned equipment by the due time or after three late occurrences or leave before the check-in procedure is complete.
- I agree that a fine of $5.00 per hour or portion of an hour will be levied for overdue laptops. An unreturned laptop will be considered stolen or lost. Campus Police will be notified and an investigation may be initiated.
- I will under no circumstances leave the laptop unattended.
- I understand ITS will not be responsible for a lost or stolen laptop even when it is used in the Computer Lab.
- I agree that I assume full responsibility and fiscal liability for all costs associated with damage to the laptop computer or its associated peripheral equipment during the period it is checked out or its replacement costs should it be lost or stolen.
- I agree ITS is not responsible for damage to any removable drive (i.e. floppy, CD or flash drive) or loss of data that may occur due to malfunctioning hardware or software.