The Distance Learning/Video Conferencing Facilities provide audio and video connections to either single or multiple remote sites utilizing digital compressed video technologies [both IP and ISDN are supported]. The facilities permit courses and meetings to be delivered or received from other locations locally or globally.
Video conferencing facilities are located in BRK141A, BRK180G, HSB132 and UHB3080.
BRK141 and UHB3080 are classroom style with seating for and 45, respectively.
BRK180G and HSB132 are conference room style and seat approximately 12 and 25, respectively.
BRK141A has IP and ISDN connectivity. BRK180G, HSB132 and UHB3080 are IP protocol, only.
BRK141A and UHB3080 have video/audio recording capabilities.
BRK141A, BRK180G and UHB3080 have content sharing capabilities. UHB3080 is and HD quality system.
Classroom: BRK141A (24 seats/2 person tables/power outlets) UHB3080 (45 seats/law tables)
Conference Room: BRK80G (12 seats) HSB132 (24 seats)
IP: BRK141A; BRK180G; HSB132; UHB3080
BRK141A and UHB3080
BRK141A; BRK180G; UHB3080
HIGH DEFINITION (HD)
To request a room for a class or video conference contact Ian Fitzgerald at email@example.com or 217-206-6793. Please make reservations as far in advance as possible.
Please provide the following information regarding the event:
- Name of the event or class
- Date of the event
- Type of event [U of I Business, class, UIS Event, offline event, etc.]
- Connection time [for online events]
- Event start time
- Event end time
- Remote site
- Estimated attendance
- Connection type [ISDN, IP, etc.]
- IP address [for IP connections]
- ISDN number [for ISDN connections]
- Bandwidth requirements
- Whether UIS needs to call-out to the remote site or receive a call from the remote site
- Whether the connection is point-to-point or multipoint
- Multipoint control location [for multipoint connections]
- Special equipment needed for the event
- Name[s] and phone number[s] for the remote support personnel
As soon as your reservation has been approved you will be notified by e-mail or by phone.