The primary purpose of the ITS Faculty Fellow program is to help improve ITS’ instructional technology consulting services and activities; serve as an advocate for ITS; advance exemplary teaching; enrich the learning experiences of students by the appropriate use of technology; develop media-enhanced instructional materials; and to research on a discipline-specific use of technology.
A one year fellowship with the possibility of renewal to start May 16.
Fall/Spring Fellows are awarded a $5000 stipend; $10,000 summer. The Fellow will devote 15 hours/week working with ITS during the fall and spring semesters and 25 hours/week during summer.
Fellows will work with the Instructional Support and Training team developing, promoting, and supporting a variety of technologies to the campus. In addition, each semester the Fellow will:
- Present at a minimum of 3 different department meetings
- Present 3 faculty workshops
- Work with at least 3 new faculty on course projects
- Write an article on innovative instructional technology
All full-time faculty with one year of teaching experience at UIS are eligible. The ideal candidate will have prior experience actively engaging with fellow faculty members on projects and leading outreach efforts.
The Faculty Fellow proposal must include the following information:
- Department Chairs statement of support
- Why you are interested
- What instructional technology or related skills and experience you bring to ITS
- What technologies you are interested in working with
- What deliverables you expect to be able to develop while at ITS
The form is online and is due February 11, 2013.
A committee will review each proposal, and an announcement will be made by March 1. The committee will be composed of one ITS staff member and two staff members from other departments.