Banner is a fully integrated suite of administrative software applications (Finance, Human Resources, Student Information System, etc.) used by the three campuses of University of Illinois for business operations.
The Banner Support team provides coordination and continuity between the UIS campus and the University’s central enterprise systems support organizations. We support campus administrative and college units, faculty, and students in their use of UI-Integrate/Banner and related student systems.
Please visit the appropriate link from the list below for more detailed information on your specific need.
News and Events
- Banner 8.1 Upgrade – As part of the on-going effort to maintain and improve the UI-Integrate/Banner system, AITS had upgraded Banner software…
- ITS provides Banner support to all UIS administrative units, colleges and departments. The office provides support and will work through Banner process issues and questions. To request Banner support, please call the UIS Help Desk (217.206.6000) or e-mail email@example.com.
- This is a list of Banner Forms (related to Records and Registration) and their function (Note: These are forms associated with Security Profile #10 – College/Dept Admin Query – with Academic History).
- The Banner 8 Information page provides information that you need to know about the Banner 8 upgrade and new functionality. If not Student, this should be another bullet.
- Banner System Status information – This page provides up to date information on alerts and scheduled downtimes for the systems that AITS oversees. If you are experiencing a problem with a system and there is not an alert or downtime listed on this page, please contact the AITS Service Desk for assistance.
EDW System Status information
The System Status page contains dynamic information about data availability as well as customer alerts and planned events notices. View information about customer alerts, data availability, planned events and related information.
- Security/Access– UIS Unit Security Contacts (USC) grant access to Banner Forms, UI-Integrate reports, and Decision Support universes. Access should be requested through your dean or department head. Contacts for Finance and/or Human Resources (non-student) Access at UIS are:
- Student Data Integrity Committee (SDIC)-SDIC was formed to provide information sharing about Student Banner issues at UIS. The membership includes representatives from Admissions, Records and Registration, Financial Assistance, Institutional Reporting, Information Technology Services, and the Provost’s Office. This committee meets on an as-needed basis. To request agenda items for this committee, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Office of Institutional Research provides “official” data about academic programs, students, faculty and staff. Some of the reports that are available through this office are: Historical Headcount by College, Major and Level and Historical Headcount and FTE, by Term. Institutional Research also analyzes and disseminates data on enrollments, graduation, and retention; conducts ad-hoc data analyses for internal and external constituents; and prepares cost studies for the University.Decision Support (DS) is the Business Intelligence Competency Center for the University of Illinois. DS provides many standard reports as well as templates and solutions for creating reports using BusinessObjects XI. Please visit the Decision Support web site for information.
- Employees may request a custom report by completing a UIS Report Request. Each reporting request will be reviewed by the Registrar to determine if the request can be fulfilled based upon the guidelines outlined in the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA). Please allow 2 weeks for completion of most reports. For assistance with reporting needs, please contact Lauri Cunningham, Information Technology Technical Associate, at 217.206.8529 or via email at email@example.com.
- Human Resources/Payroll
- Finance Module
- Web-based Banner training(all modules)
- UIS Mentoring Program – ITS facilitates a mentoring program that provides new or existing employees with the opportunity for assistance in learning specific transactions or processes from someone who is more experienced in Banner or an application used at UIS. The mentoring program gives employees the ability to get questions answered and get support when needed. Upon request, an employee is matched with a mentor who has experience in the process or transaction in which the employee is having difficulty. If you or someone you know is in need of a mentor, please contact Maureen Hoover at 217.206.6103 or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org