Information Technology Technical Associate
Information Technology Services
Application Development & Database Support Team
Close Date: April 03, 2017
New Applicants: Please create an account on http://jobs.uis.edu. Once account is created, you will need to click on the Civil Service page and click “Apply Now” which will give you access to the Civil Service employment application forms. Once the pre-approval and application forms are complete, submit an exam request form to apply.
Returning Applicants: Please login to your profile on http://jobs.uis.edu, ensure your civil service employment application is up to date, and submit an exam request form to apply.
All Applicants: To properly evaluate your qualifications for this position, your online application must include a complete employment history detailing duties, education and certifications. Note that a resume cannot substitute for the information required on the official application form. Failure to list or accurately describe work experience, or failure to submit college transcripts may result in an applicant not being admitted to the exam.
College Transcripts and Veteran’s Preference Eligibility: College transcripts and military discharge documentation (DD214, DD215, and NGB22) must be uploaded with the online application. Human Resources will not accept faxed, emailed, or hand delivered documentation to our office.
DEADLINE TO APPLY: April 03, 2017
DEADLINE TO SUBMIT TRANSCRIPTS: April 13, 2017
Failure to list or accurately describe work experience, or failure to submit college transcripts may result in an applicant not being admitted to the exam.
For full consideration, applicants must be residents of the State of Illinois.
Minimum Starting Salary: $21.94/hr
The University of Illinois may conduct background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer of employment. Background checks will be performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
UIS is an affirmative action/equal employment opportunity employer; persons with disabilities, women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform coding activities (with a focus on mobile development/responsive web design (RWD)
- Research and resolve flow of information and system issues, as well as respond to bug reports
- Perform design, analysis, and SQA activities according to the rapid application development (RAD) software development lifecycle best practices
- Address customer requests
- Extract content from various University applications and integrate that content into CMS, LMS, Campus Portal, and mobile platforms
- Design and support desktop databases
- Research, test, and provide recommendations for emerging technologies
- Perform other related duties as assigned
Minimum Acceptable Qualifications
Credentials to be Verified
- Any combination totaling two years from the following categories:
- progressively more responsible work experience in IT-related profession
- college course work in Information Technology (IT), IT Management, or a closely related discipline, as measured by the following conversion table or its proportional equivalent:
- 60 semester hours or Associate’s Degree equals one year
- 90-120 semester hours or Bachelor’s Degree equals two years
Note: As required by the position to be filled, additional education, training and/or work experience in an area of specialization inherent in the position may be necessary in meeting credential requirements.
- Experience with relational databases (SQL, Server, Oracle, MySQL)
- Experience with AD/LDAP, Shell (DOS,Powershell, or Bash/KSH/CSH)
- Experience with version control software, such as Git, Subversion
- Experience maintaining systems to manage and transform data in multiple formats
- Experience in mobile application development in iOS and/or Android
- Demonstrated ability to work in a flexible, team-oriented environment with clear verbal and written communication skills
- Work is primarily performed in an office setting, with regular occasions of walking to other offices on campus to gather information about projects with users. Candidates should be able to lift and transport computer equipment. Applicants must be able to lift up to 50 pounds occasionally and 10 to 20 pounds routinely.