The Third House: State Lobbying Essentials 2017
Register now! (You may register using a credit/debit card, or pay by check. Space is limited.)
The Third House: State Lobbying Essentials is a day-long seminar on how to lobby the Illinois General Assembly effectively. Participants will receive vital information on practical lobbying skills and resources, advanced strategies and tactics, state budget insights and considerations, and winning grassroots efforts from various experienced and successful lobbyists and senior administrative officials.
- Amy Ballinger-Cole, ABC Consulting
- John P. Lowder, Lowder Governmental Solutions, LLC
- Kim Clarke Maisch, Cigna Healthcare
- Professor David Merriman, University of Illinois at Chicago
- Courtney C. Nottage, Fletcher, O’Brien, Kasper & Nottage, P.C.
- Polly Poskin, Illinois Coalition Against Sexual Assault
- Stephen Schnorf, Budgeting for Results Commission
- Jil Tracy, Illinois State Senator, 47th District
- Terri Treacy, Sierra Club
- Josh Weger, The Indiana, Illinois, Iowa Foundation for Fair Contracting
Who Should Attend?
Government Affairs Representatives
Members of the Media
Not-for-Profit Advocates and Executives
State and local government officials and employees
What Will You Learn?
Practical Lobbying Skills
Lobbying Ethics and Regulations
Advanced Strategies and Tactics
State Budget Concerns and Considerations
Effective Grassroots Efforts
Friday, January 27, 2017
8:30 am – 4 pm
Public Affairs Center
Conference Room C/D
University of Illinois Springfield
Cost of attendance
Continental breakfast, lunch, and afternoon refreshments included in registration fee.