Retirement and Recognition Program
Length of service awards acknowledge full time service to the University of Illinois Springfield beginning at five years of service, in five year increments. UIS hosts a program each spring to honor retirees and to recognize faculty and staff with service awards. Employees with ten years of service and up are presented with certificates and gifts at the event.
- This year’s Retirement & Recognition Ceremony will be held Thursday, April 21st, 2016, from 9:00 AM – 10:30 AM, in the PAC Auditorium Lobby, where we will honor employees with 10 or more years of service to UIS, and those members of our staff who are retiring this year.
- Celebrate Employees with 5 Years of Service this Academic Year!
UIS Employee of the Month
The Employee of the Month/Employee of the Year (EOM/EOY) Program recognizes employees who have served UIS in an exceptional manner.
- Ceitha Steele
Human Resource Officer
Annual Performance Evaluations
The Performance Evaluation process at UIS is designed to encourage communication between employees and their supervisors. The program focuses on year-round coaching by supervisors, culminating in a formal annual evaluation. Evaluations are required for all current employees, including those hired during the evaluation period. The evaluation period is April 1 through March 31. Completed and signed Employee Performance Evaluation forms are due in the Office of Human Resources on or before June 5, 2015. Employee self evaluation forms are highly encouraged and recommended. Self-evaluation forms should be submitted to the immediate supervisor for interdepartmental use only. Performance reviews for Faculty, Academic Professional, and Open Range Civil Service staff are a factor in determining employee compensation under University policies related to merit-based salary programs.
For Employees & Supervisors:
- UIS Performance Evaluation Form 2015 (for Supervisors)
- UIS Performance Evaluation Self Evaluation Form 2015 ( for Employees)
- 3 and 6 Month Probationary Employee Evaluation 2015 (3 and 6 month form)
- 12 Month Probationary Employee Evaluation 2015(6 and 12 month form)
- Evaluation Instructions Checklist 2015
- Official Job Description forms (be sure to include current date)
- Optional Employee Worksheet 2015
- Supervisor Nomination of Employee for Outstanding Performance 2015
- UIS Performance Evaluation Handbook
- Annual Performance Evaluation Manager Training, 2015 PowerPoint Presentation
- Amy M. Gurnitz
Human Resource Representative