Retirement and Recognition Program
Length of service awards acknowledge full time service to the University of Illinois Springfield beginning at five years of service, in five year increments. UIS hosts a program each spring to honor retirees and to recognize faculty and staff with service awards. Employees with ten years of service and up are presented with certificates and gifts at the event.
The 2018 Retirement & Recognition Ceremony will be held Thursday, April 19th, 2018 from 9:00 AM – 10:30 AM in the PAC Auditorium Lobby. Employees with 10 or more years of service and those members of our staff who are retiring this year will be honored.
Past 2017 honorees:
- Congratulations on 30 years of service
- Congratulations on 25 years of service
- Congratulations on 20 years of service
- Congratulations on 15 years of service
- Congratulations on 10 years of service
- Congratulations on 5 years of service
Please share in celebrating the contributions and successes of several exceptional UIS staff members for 2017, including:
- Barbara Cass (Online Program Coordinator) -CAPE Award for outstanding performance by an Academic Professional
- Tisha Palmer (Administrative Aide to the Vice Chancellor for Student Affairs) -CARE Award for excellence in Civil Service
- Joy Thibadeau (Assistant to the Vice Chancellor for Graduate Education) -UIS Employee of the Year
Faculty honors awarded for 2017 included:
- Dr. Peter Shapinsky (History) -University Scholar
- Dr. Amy McEuen (Biology) -Pearson Award for Outstanding Teaching
- Dr. Jorge Villegas (Business Administration) -Spencer Award for Exemplary Service
- Dr. Scott Day (Educational Leadership) -Award for Faculty Excellence
- Dr. Cheng-Chia (Brian) Chen (Public Health) -Burks Oakley II Distinguished Online Teaching Award. These honorees, and so many others on our campus, exemplify “Leadership Lived” and inspire our community every day.
UIS Employee of the Month/ Employee of the Year
The Employee of the Month/Employee of the Year (EOM/EOY) Program recognizes employees who have served UIS in an exceptional manner.