Employment: Online Employment Verification System Available
Are you applying for a mortgage or looking to rent a new apartment? Your lender or housing manager may access your University of Illinois employment verification information using the University of Illinois online Employment Verification System.
By using the Employment Verification System, vendors such as banks, mortgage lenders, rental agencies, and government-approved housing management firms can have access to your employment verification information almost immediately, which means they can process your loan application or housing request much faster!
Follow these simple steps:
1. Access NESSIE at http://nessie.uihr.uillinois.edu/ and select the “Personal Info” tab.
2. Click the “Employment Verification System (EVS)” link located in the middle of the page.
3. Click the CONTINUE button to login using your University NetID or Enterprise ID and Password. You will also be asked to provide your NESSIE PIN for security purposes.
4. Select “Establish a Vendor Access Number” and follow the on-screen instructions. You may create up to five Vendor Access Numbers (VANs).
5. Determine a level of authorization for each VAN. You decide how much information the vender may access – “Employment Verification Only” or “Employment and Earnings Verification”.
6. Provide your bank, lender, or housing manager with the Vendor Instructions, the VAN you created (must be used within 30 days), and your Social Security Number.
7. The lender can then access your Employment Verification online at https://hrnet.uihr.uillinois.edu/tiger/.
All current status University employees (Faculty, Academic Professional, Civil Service, and Graduate Assistants) are encouraged to use the online Employment Verification System. Using the online system eliminates the longer processing time that may be associated with paper or phone requests, resulting in better service to you.
The University of Illinois Springfield is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer ensuring equal opportunities in programs, activities, and employment regardless of race, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status.