All civil service and academic professional employees are required to have a signed job description on file with the Office of Human Resources.
Job descriptions should be developed as a joint effort between the employee and the supervisor. Once the job description is developed, the employee, supervisor, and the rest of the supervisory chain up through the division head should sign it and send the signed form to the Office of Human Resources.
By signing the job description, the following is being acknowledged:
- That the duties contained on the job description are the responsibility of the employee.
- That the information contained on the job description is accurate.
New job descriptions must be submitted when seeking to fill or create a position, or when requesting a job audit.
Updated job descriptions are required in odd numbered years during the annual performance evaluation period.
Download the official forms below:
- Civil Service Position Description Form (doc)
- Academic Professional Position Description Form (doc)
- Extra Help Position Description Form (doc)
- Position Request Form *required for all position requests* (pdf)