Employee Benefits and Leave
The University of Illinois Springfield offers a wide variety of benefits for faculty and staff.
Employees can choose from a number of competitive health insurance plans, a dental plan, flexible spending plans, several types of term life insurance, long term disability insurance, supplemental investment programs and additional optional offerings. Employees and their children may also be eligible for tuition waivers.
In addition to the benefits mentioned above, UIS provides sick time, shared benefits leave, vacation time, floating holidays, several paid holidays and other opportunities to take time away from work when necessary.
Employees are also protected by a university-funded workers’ compensation program.
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Supplemental Investment Accounts
- Supplemental Long Term Disability Insurance
- Sick Leave
- Vacation Leave
- Holiday Schedule for FY16
- Holiday Schedule FY17
- Family and Medical Leave (FMLA)
- Victims Economic Security and Safety Leave (VESSA)
- Military Leave
- Leave of Absence
- Shared Benefits Program
Related Articles & Announcements
- Vacation and Sick Leave Payout Options for Separating Employees
- Terminal Vacation & Benefits
- Tuition Waivers
- University Family Medical Leave
- QuitLine Referral Form – American Lung Association