Residents must properly complete a move-out at the time they vacate any student housing unit and any time they move into a different space.
To complete a proper move-out, the resident must do the following:
- During periods NOT at the end of the semester, schedule a move-out appointment or request an express move-out with your area's front desk at least one business day in advance. This can be done by calling your area's office. (See phone numbers below.) Times can be arranged between 5pm - 8pm during the week and 12pm-4pm Saturday/Sunday.
- Remove all personal possessions from the unit and complete all cleaning prior to the scheduled move-out time.
- Work with roommates or personally clean entire living space. Your cleaning and damage charges are based off of conditions at time of move-out. If roommates will remain in the space it is imperative that the apartment/residence hall room is still cleaned for your move-out.
- Be present at the scheduled move-out time for a complete inventory of the apartment and its condition.
- Surrender all keys issued.
- Provide the Housing Office with a forwarding address.
- Sign the completed move-out form acknowledging the transfer of all appropriate keys.
- If you are leaving before your contract has completed, please submit a contract release request. Just completing your move-out is not sufficient.
For Spring 2012 East Campus Apartment & West Campus Townhouse move-out:
Please visit the link below to sign up for your move-out time. There is no need to contact us to schedule a move-out time. However, if you have any questions please feel free to contact us. Remember that move-outs must be scheduled for one business day in advance.
- If you have unwanted items that you wish to donate you can do so at Housing Commons at the green bins in the common area. You are also welcome to drop items off on Friday from 2-5pm for the Diversity Center at the linked location.
List of Charges that can be assessed on check-out inventory:
Dates to be aware of:
- East Apartments and Townhouses: (217) 206-6190
- LRH (Lincoln Residence Hall): (217) 206-6200
- Founders Hall: (217) 206-8474