Online Bachelor’s Degree in History
The Online History program at UIS is a selective program, identical to the on-campus program except for entrance requirements. Advantages of the online B.A. in History include:
- Courses are kept small in order to maximize learning opportunities through active participation and close interaction with faculty and other students.
- In order to ensure quality, all classes are taught by tenured and tenure-track professors with Ph.D.’s, who are innovative leaders in online History education and up to date in the latest technologies.
- Students can complete their degrees in their own time and at their own pace.
- Online students have opportunities to conduct independent research through the History Honors Course of Study, study abroad, and complete internships.
- Courses emphasize both the study of historical regions and themes as well as the development of skills in critical thinking and analytical reading and writing that are in demand by employers and graduate schools.