All proposals submitted to external sponsors by UIS faculty, staff and students require internal approval. The process follows these general steps:
- Project director prepares proposal narrative and budget (with assistance from Pre-award Grants & Contracts or department staff as needed);
- Project director completes and signs an internal clearance form and routes the complete proposal for approval to the Program Chair or unit head; then to the Dean, Center Director, or Vice-Chancellor;
- Pre-award Grants and Contracts, upon receiving the proposal, reviews and approves the proposal and obtains final approval from the Provost;
- Proposal is submitted to sponsor.
Please allow three-to-five business days for routing and approval of proposals.
- Internal Clearance Form (doc)