Please note the following information:
- The annual priority application deadline to apply for first-round consideration for assistantship positions is March 15. Additional deadline dates are provided on the APPLICATION web page should supplemental rounds be required to fill all vacant positions.
Candidates selected for interviews will be contacted by the hiring departments. Students should not contact the departments directly to inquire about vacant positions, or to submit application materials to a department. Application documents are submitted only to the GA Office.
Also, please note this program is very competitive and applying does not guarantee an interview, nor does interviewing guarantee an offer. All selections must be approved by the department, Dean’s/unit head’s office, the GA Office, and the Access for Equal Opportunity Office before a formal offer of employment can be extended and a contract executed.
Positions open for Fall 2015 Search Process (subject to change)
- Faculty Development Program GA
- Conference Services GA
Center for State Policy and Leadership
- Office of Electronic Media GA
- Survey Research Office RA
- Access and Equal Opportunity GA
- Web Services GA
College of Business and Management
- Accountancy GA
- Accountancy RA
- Dean’s Office GA
- Management GA
College of Education and Human Services
- Educational Leadership GA
- Project Mid state Student Support (MSS) GA
- Teacher Leadership GA
College of Liberal Arts and Sciences
- English GA
- Computer Science GA (2 positions)
- Natural Sciences TA
- Therkildsen Field Station at Emiquon RA
College of Public Affairs and Administration
- Criminal Justice GA
- Environmental Studies GA
- Environmental Studies RA (2 positions)
- Legal Studies GA
- Legal Studies (Pre-Law Center) GA
- Public Administration GA
- Career Center RA
- Counseling Center PGA (2 positions)
- Disability Services GA
- Health Services GAInternational Student Services GA
- Office of New Student Orientation GA
The Center for Academic Success
- Learning Hub TA
- Capital Scholar Honors Program TA
Important Information for Applicants
Once you have submitted all application documents to the GA Office you are not to make direct contact with the departments listed above. The list of open positions is provided merely as a courtesy. Interviews are conducted by invitation only.
Direct contact with program representatives in an independent effort to obtain an assistantship position is strictly prohibited. Repeated attempts to persuade program faculty and staff to interview or select you leave a very negative impression and may significantly reduce your chances of obtaining such a position.
If you apply during the 2014-15 academic year, and are not selected to fill an assistantship position, you will not need to reapply to the GA program to be considered for assistantships that will be filled for the 2015-16 academic year (starting August 16, 2015). If your resume, goal statement or reference letters are over 18 months old, please send updated documents to firstname.lastname@example.org.