There are no assistantship searches in process. A list of open positions available for the spring semester will be posted in late November when the search process initiates for that semester. Please note the following information:
- CURRENT APPLICATION DEADLINE DATE: November 1, 2013 for spring semester consideration.
- The annual priority application deadline to apply for first-round consideration for assistantship positions was March 15. Additional deadline dates are provided on the APPLICATION web page should supplemental rounds be required to fill all vacant positions.
REMEMBER that candidates selected for interviews will be contacted by the hiring departments. Students should NOT contact the departments directly to inquire about vacant positions, or to submit application materials to a department. Application documents are submitted only to the GA Office.
Also, please note this program is very competitive and applying does not guarantee an interview, nor does interviewing guarantee an offer. All selections must be approved by the department, Dean’s/unit head’s office, the GA Office, and the Access for Equal Opportunity Office before a formal offer of employment can be extended and a contract executed.
Positions open for Spring 2014 Search Process
- Grants and Contracts Office – RA
- Communication and Outreach – GA
Center for State Policy and Leadership
- Office of Electronic Media
College of Business and Management
- Business Administration online program – GA
- Management Information Systems program – GA
College of Liberal Arts and Sciences
- Biology program – TA
- Center for Teaching and Learning (math) – TA
- Center for Teaching and Learning (writing) – TA — 2 positions
- Computer Science program – GA
- Natural Science Division – TA
- Athletics – GA
- Recreational Sports – GA
- UIS Journal - GA — 2 positions
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR APPLICANTS
Once you have submitted all application documents to the GA Office, you are NOT to make direct contact with the departments listed below. The list of open positions is provided merely as a courtesy. Interviews are conducted by invitation only.
Direct contact with program representatives in an independent effort to obtain an assistantship position is strictly prohibited. Repeated attempts to persuade program faculty and staff to interview or select you leave a very negative impression and may significantly reduce your chances of obtaining such a position.
If you apply during the 2013-14 academic year, and are not selected to fill an assistantship position, you will need to reapply to the GA program by March 15, 2014 to be considered for assistantships that will be filled for the 2014-15 academic year (starting August 16, 2014). Please go to the application page and complete the online application. Indicate that you are reapplying to the GA Program.
Posted: October 23, 2013