Trans Guide @ UIS: Resources
The following are a list of helpful online resources and a list of available books to borrow from the lending library in the LGBTQA Resource Office.
- Transformative Justice Law Project: http://tjlp.org/services.html
- Howard Brown Health Center: http://www.howardbrown.org/
- The Center on Halsted: http://www.centeronhalsted.org/
- HRC Transgender Visibility Guide: http://www.hrc.org/resources/entry/transgender-visibility-guide
- Susan’s Place: http://www.susans.org/
- National Center for Transgender Equality: http://transequality.org/
- Original Plumbing: http://www.originalplumbing.com/
- Lambda Legal: http://www.lambdalegal.org/know-your-rights/transgender
- Trans Suicide-Prevention Resources: http://www.masstpc.org/issues/suicide-prevention/
LGBTQA Resource Office’s Lending Library
The LGBTQA Resource Office has an extensive library with many books that may be helpful to you. Below is a list of books and DVDs that you are welcome to check out. Click here (http://www.uis.edu/gendersexualitystudentservices/programs/library/) to learn more about the LGBTQA’s Lending Library!
- Bornstein, K. (1994). Gender Outlaw: On Men, Women, and the Rest of Us. New York, NY: Routledge.
- Bornstein, K., & Bergman, S. B. (2010). Gender Outlaws: The Next Generation. Berkeley, CA: Seal Press.
- Bornstein, K. (1998). My gender workbook: How to become a real man, a real woman, the real you, or something else entirely. New York, NY: Routledge.
- Boylan, J. F. (2003). She’s Not There: A Life In Two Genders. New York, NY: Broadway Books.
- Cromwell, J. (1999). Transmen and FTMs: Identities, Bodies, Genders, and Sexualities. Urbana, IL: University of Illinois Press.
- Feinberg, L. (1996). Transgender Warriors: Making History From Joan of Arc to Dennis Rodman. Boston, MA: Beacon Press.
- Lahood, G. (Director). (2012). Intersexion [Motion picture on Documentary Film]. Ponsonby Productions.
- Pratt, M. B. (1995). S/HE. Ithaca, NY: Firebrand Books.
- Roscoe, W. (1998). Changing Ones: Third and Fourth Genders in Native North America. New York, NY: St. Martin’s Press.
- Sycamore, M. B. (2006). Nobody Passes: Rejecting the Rules of Gender and Conformity. Emeryville, CA: Seal Press.
- Wilchins, R. A. (1997). Read My Lips: Sexual Subversion and the End of Gender. Ithaca, NY: Firebrand Books.
- Vincent, N. (2006). Self-Made Man: One Woman’s Journey into Manhood and Back Again. New York, NY: Viking.