Student Employment – Employer Responsibilities
Provide the appropriate training and work space for each student employee.
- Consider student employees as being students first and as part-time employees second.
- Notify Student Employment if there is a problem with the student that cannot be resolved.
- Checking Federal Workstudy earnings for your hires in Front End after each pay period. (Click on the FWS tab)
- Notify Student Employment when a FWS funded student is terminated prior to the termination date.
- Be certain that timesheets are accurate before signing/approving and that the student does not have access to the timesheet after the supervisor has signed it.
- Make sure that students complete and submit time-sheets on time.
- NOT allow students to work until the student has completed the proper paper-work along with NESSIE New Hire and is enrolled in the required number of hours.
- Performing labor redistributions when necessary.