Student Consumer Information
The Higher Education Opportunity Act (HEOA) of 2008 requires disclosure of policies that can affect students in colleges and universities. The following information is disclosed to you as a student at the University of Illinois at Springfield in compliance with this federal law. The University of Illinois at Springfield is committed to providing this important information to its students, prospective students, parents, faculty, staff and interested third parties. Consistent with this commitment, and pursuant to the University’s notice and reporting obligations under various laws, information concerning the following topics are indicated below.
Privacy of Student Records — Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA)
Facilities and Services for Students with Disabilities
Cost of Attendance
Federal Aid Repayment Policy
Description of Academic Programs
Instructional Facilities and Labs
Accreditation, Approval and Licensure of Institution and Programs
Copyright Infringement Policies
Information About Student Financial Assistance
Federal Financial Aid Information
- Federal Student Aid HomepageFederal Student Aid is responsible for managing the student financial assistance programs authorized under Title IV of the Higher Education Act of 1965. These programs provide grants, loans, and work-study funds to students attending college or career school.
- College ScorecardCollege Scorecards make it easier for you to search for a college that is a good fit for you. You can use the College Scorecard to find out more about a college’s affordability and value so you can make more informed decisions about which college to attend.
- College NavigatorHere you can search for and compare colleges on all sorts of criteria including costs, majors offered, size of school, campus safety, and graduation rates.
Overview of Financial Aid Programs
Students Rights and Responsibilities
Satisfactory Academic Progress
Institutional Code of Conduct for Educational Loans
Preferred Lender Lists and Arrangements
- UIS does not maintain a preferred lender list and has no arrangement with any private lender.
- Graduation and Retention Rates for First-Time Full-Time Freshmen
- Graduation and Retention Rates for First-Time Full-Time Freshmen: Pell Recipients
- Graduation and Retention Rates for First-Time Full-Time Freshmen: Subsidized Stafford Loan Recipients
- Graduation and Retention Rates for First-Time Full-Time Freshmen: Non Pell/Subsidized Stafford Loan Recipients
Health and Safety
Campus Safety and Security
- The Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crimes Statistics Act ReportCampus Safety Policy and Resource Guide for UIS Students and Employees [PDF]
- Emergency/Disaster Plans
- Vaccination/Immunization Policy
Drug and Alcohol Abuse Prevention