IL Senior Citizen Courses Act
For degree credit, the Illinois Senior Citizen Courses Act (110 ILCS 990) permits Illinois senior citizens, over the age of 65, to enroll in regularly scheduled credit courses at UIS without the payment of tuition. This benefit does not included payment of fees.
- This program allows you to earn undergraduate or graduate credit by paying only UIS fees. Tuition is waived.
- You must be admitted as a degree seeking student to UIS.
- Your annual household income must be at or below 200% of the federal poverty level.
- You must meet regular class expectations to earn academic credit and meet Satisfactory Academic Progress Policy requirements.
- Please complete the Senior Citizens Tuition Waiver Application and submit to the office of Financial Assistance.
- Click here for additional information about senior learning at UIS.