Teacher Education Preparation (TEP) Certificate Programs
Students in the Teacher Education Preparation (TEP) Certificate Programs may be considered for Federal Stafford Loans, Federal Parent PLUS Loans (if student is dependent), Federal Perkins Loans and/or Federal Work Study Programs if the student is enrolled at least half time
(6 credit hours) in required teacher certification coursework. To qualify, the coursework must be required for elementary or secondary teacher certification or recertification in the state where the student plans to teach. Optional courses that the student elects to take for professional recognition or advancement but are not required for certification, do not qualify. Financial aid will be processed at the undergraduate senior level.
Graduate Certificate Programs
The following Graduate Certificate Programs are approved for graduate level financial aid. Only course work required for the program will be considered in calculating aid eligibility. Optional courses that the student elects to take for professional recognition or advancement but are not required for certification, do not qualify. Students in these programs may be eligible for the Federal Stafford Loans and Federal Grad PLUS Loans.
Graduate Certificates that are ELIGIBLE for Financial Assistance
Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) Policy for Graduate Certificate Programs
• Satisfactory Academic Progress will be reviewed at the end of each semester.
• Students must successfully complete at least 70% of the attempted hours in coursework pertaining to the certificate program.
• Attempted hours cannot exceed 150% of the Graduate Certificate Program requirements.
• Students must maintain a minimum 3.00 GPA requirement for the certificate program.
• Failure to attend or successfully complete any hours towards the certificate program in a given semester will result in SAP cancellation status effective next term enrolled.