Students new to IEP takes a placement exam upon arrival. This tests a student’s reading, writing, and listening comprehension. Level placement is determined at that time.
We offer six levels:
- Foundations – Beginner
- Level 1 – High Beginner
- Level 2 – Intermediate
- Level 3 – High Intermediate
- Level 4 – Advanced
- Level 5 – High Advanced
- Level 6 – University Bridge – Not offered every session
- Each level is 8-weeks during Fall and Spring sessions, and 6-weeks during Summer session
- Each level includes core courses in reading, writing, speaking & listening, and grammar
- Students advance to the next level dependent upon final course grades (C or better) and teacher recommendations
- At the end of levels 4 and 5, students take the iTEP Academic Plus to gain admission to degree programs.
- Preparation Material for the iTEP
Note: IEP students who wish to be considered for a UIS degree program must meet the English proficiency requirement(s) specific to their program. General admission English proficiency requirements can be found here.