Meet our Faculty: Nancy Genevieve Perkins
Nancy Genevieve Perkins
Associate Professor of Creative Writing
D.A. English, Illinois State University
Teaching Concentration: Writing
Courses: Creative Writing: Fiction I, II, III, IV; Poetry; Creative Nonfiction—Memoir Writing and Research Writing; Children’s Literature; Liberal Studies Colloquium: Time; and Graduate Seminars on Creative Writing.
- Global Conversations on Language and Literacy, at Christ Church College, Oxford, and at the University of Heidelberg, “The Community as Classroom . . .”
- NCTE International Conference, NY, “The Echoes Project: Students’ Community-Based Inquiry and Writing for Their ‘Real World’”
- International Federation for the Teaching of English, NYU, USA Delegate, one of 300 individuals invited to attend from the English-speaking countries in the world
- National and State Conferences, including NCTE, MLA, CCCC, IATE, IPA, and Allerton
- Readings, workshops, and book signings, mostly in IL, KY, and MA
- Poetry, NYX: Mother of Light (2001) and NYX: Daughter of Chaos (2002)
- Fiction, “Grad. Ass.” nominated for Illinois Arts Council Award
- Non-fiction, co-authored with Loren Logsdon, Adult Literacy in Writing (New Forums Press, 2003)
- Poetry, short fiction, and creative nonfiction in small literary journals.