English Masters Update
We are now accepting applications for the newly revised M.A. in English! Coursework will begin August 2015. Deadline for Fall 2015 admission is April 1, 2014.
You can find the UIS application through this link: www.uis.edu/admissions/applyToday.
You will also need to fill out application materials for the English Department:
- The English Department application form;
- A formal letter of application that indicates the intended concentration;
- Complete transcripts from all colleges and universities attended;
- GRE scores for the general test (verbal, math, and writing);
- If intending to complete the digital publishing concentration, applicants should provide a sample of creative work (approximately 10-15 pages of poetry or prose); if intending to complete the digital pedagogy concentration, applicants should provide a sample of analytic writing (approximately 10-15 pages that illustrates the ability to develop a sustained argument built from primary and secondary sources);
- Two recommendation letters (completed by someone of the applicant’s choice who is familiar with the student’s academic competencies in the field of English) accompanied by the official department recommendation forms and waivers.
Please send them to:
English Graduate Admissions Committee
C/o Ms. Julie Atwell
One University Plaza
Springfield, IL 62703