Check back for updates on publications focused on and around the Emiquon Preserve. Know of something missing? Send us a note.
- Chen, H, S Popovich, A McEuen, and B Briddell. 2017. Carbon and nitrogen storage of a restored wetland at Illinois’ Emiquon Preserve: potential for carbon sequestration. Hydrobiologia. doi: 10.1007/s10750-017-3218-z.
- Lemke, AM, JR Herkert, JW Walk, and KD Blodgett. 2017. Application of key ecological attributes to assess early restoration of river floodplain habitats: a case study. Hydrobiologia. doi: 10.1007/s10750-017-3261-9.
- Lemke, MJ, HM Hagy, K Dungey, AF Casper, AM Lemke, TD VanMiddlesworth and A. Kent. 2017. Echoes of a flood pulse: short-term effects of record flooding of the Illinois River on floodplain lakes under ecological restoration. Hydrobiologia. doi: 10.1007/s10750-017-3220-5.
- Hagy, HM, MM Horath, AP Yetter, CS Hine, and RV Smith. 2016. Evaluating tradeoffs between sanctuary for migrating waterbirds and recreational opportunities in a restored wetland complex. Hydrobiologia. doi: 10.1007/s10750-016-2711-0.
- Hagy, HM, CS Hine, MM Horath, AP Yetter, RV Smith, and JD Stafford. 2016. Waterbird response indicates floodplain wetland restoration. Hydrobiologia. doi: 10.1007/s10750-016-3004-3.
- Hine, CS, HM Hagy, AP Yetter, MM Horath, RV Smith and JD Stafford. 2016. Response of aquatic vegetation and other wetland cover types to floodplain restoration at Emiquon Preserve. Hydrobiologia. doi:10.1007/s10750-016-2893-5.
- Sparks, RE, KD Blodgett, AF Casper, HM Hagy, ML Lemke, AFM Velho and LC Rodrigues. 2016. Why experiment with success? Opportunities and risks in applying assessment and adaptive management to the Emiquon floodplain restoration project. Hydrobiologia. doi:10.1007/s10750-016-2785-8.
- VanMiddlesworth, TD, GG Sass, BA Ray, TW Spier, JD Lyons, NN McClelland, and AF Casper. 2016. Food habits and relative abundances of native piscivores: implications for controlling common carp. Hydrobiologia. doi:10.1007/s10750-016-2866-8.
- VanMiddlesworth, TD, NN McClelland, GG Sass, AF Casper, TW Spier, and MJ Lemke. 2016. Fish community succession and biomanipulation to control two common aquatic ecosystem stressors during a large-scale floodpain lake restoration. Hydrobiologia. doi:10.1007/s10750-016-2696-8.
- Fretueg, GR, DR Ruez, Jr., and Yi-Sz Lin. In Review. Observations on latrine site selection by North American river otter (Lontra canadensis) in central Illiois.
- Fretueg, GR, TJ Martin, C Widga, and DR Ruez. 2015. Summer Diet Characteristics of North American River Otters (Lontra canadensis) in Central Illinois. American Midland Naturalist, 173(2). 294-304.
- Lemke, M, AF Casper, TD Van Middlesworth, HH Hagy, J Walk, D Blodgett and K Dungey. 2014. Ecological Response of Floodplain Restoration to Flooding Disturbance: A comparison of the effects of heavy and light flooding. World Environmental and Water Resources Congress 2014. 1120-1127.
- Van Middlesworth, TD, NN Michaels, and AF Casper. 2013. The Nature Conservancy’s Emiquon Fish and Aquatic Vegetation Monitoring 6-year (2007-2012) Report. Illinois Natural History Survey, Technical Report (02).
- Havera, SP, KE Roat, and LL Anderson. 2003. The Thompson Lake/Emiquon Story: The Biology, Drainage, and Restoration of an Illinois River Bottomland Lake. Illinois Natural History Survey, Special Publication (25).