Therkildsen Student Scholarly Awards, 2011
Therkildsen Student Scholarly Awards
The Therkildsen Field Station at Emiquon is offering scholarships to support UIS STUDENT projects at Emiquon.
- APPLICATION: Download the Process Guidelines and Application Form (Word).
- DEADLINE: The deadline for submitting these proposals is
April 4, 2011.
- NUMBER OF AWARDS: This year, two scholarships of $2,000 will be awarded to UIS students.
- MAJOR: Students can be from any major.
- SUBJECT: The student projects can be any topic, but the proposed scholarly activity or project should be conducted at Emiquon or relate closely to Emiquon. Examples of possible projects include: oral history of the Emiquon region, poetry inspired by Lake Thompson, a photographic project from Emiquon, study of the economic impact of converting agricultural land to natural preserve, or a study of the fish population in Lake Thompson.
- LODGING: The Therkildsen Field Station at Emiquon will provide awardees free overnight stay as needed while conducting their work at Emiquon.
- REPORTING REQUIREMENTS: The awardees of the scholarships are required to present their research results at the 2012 UIS Emiquon Science Symposium or a similar meeting that is appropriate to the project. The final recipients of this award will be announced by May 1, 2011.
- FOR ASSISTANCE: Faculty advisors and/or potential applicants are encouraged to contact faculty members of the Emiquon Advisory Board (J. Bonacum, M. Cheney, H. Chen, K. Dungey, K. Miller) for assistance in preparing a budget or any other aspect of the proposal.
Please pass the information to interested students.