- The Field Station’s presentation at “Tot Time” (Dickson Mounds Museum), was featured in the Canton Daily Ledger.
- The 11th Annual Emiquon Science Symposium was held May 10, 2017.
- Eagle Day was held on February 4, 2017. TFSE staff was set-up with spotting scopes in the Emiquon Preserve Visitor use area. The World Bird Sanctuary presented their Raptor Awareness program in Havana. Here is the full schedule (.pdf) with times and locations.
- Our camera is set-up and delivering current images of the Emiquon Preserve. Check out the latest image.
- We’ve added a new page compiling sources of student research funding. Students interested in pursuing research should be sure to check it out.
- UIS Student receives funding to conduct summer research in the Emiquon Preserve. August 2015.
- Biologists Hope Ospreys Find Their Way Back To Illinois. Illinois Issues February 2015.
- Biologists Conclude Second Year of IDNR Osprey Recovery Project. IDNR news 9/15/2014
- University experience reaches to Emiquon. The State Journal-Register, by Susan Koch March 2014
- ILLINOIS TIMES published an article about Emiquon – “Return to Emiquon” – in the June 23, 2011 issue.
- Emiquon Floodplain Restoration – Partnership, Implementation, Research and Challenges. by Dr. Hua Chen and Director Michael Lemke. Restoration News Midwest January 2009, Volume 1, Issue 2, pp. 2-5.
- Emiquon Field Station Dedication Held by Courtney Westlake. UIS News Buraeu (26 April 2008), includes video.
- Illinois Issues, M. Lemke and K. Miller. Wetlands 101. Illinois Issues, Vol. 33, No. 1 (January 2007), 31-33.
- Illinois Issues, Vol. 32, No. 7 & 8 (July / August 2006), “Photo Essay: Renewal (PDF).” Used with permission of the University of Illinois at Springfield.
- The Living Museum, Vol. 67, Nos. 2 & 3 (Summer / Fall 2005), “The Emiquon Archaeological Project: Partnership to the Past (PDF).” Used with permission of the Illinois State Museum.