It is important for Economics majors to meet with their academic adviser and set up a degree plan to make sure that they complete:
- General Education Requirements;
- Foundation Course Requirements;
- College Core Requirements;
- Economics Major Requirements;
- General Electives; and
- Engaged Citizenship Common Experience (ECCE) Requirements.
To earn a B. A. in Economics, a student must:
- Complete at least 54 semester hours from a 4 year baccalaureate-granting institution;
- Complete at least 48 semester hours of upper division (300-400 level) coursework;
- Complete at least one half of his or her business coursework at UIS (college core and major);
- Earn a cumulative grade point average of at least 2.00 across all courses required for the major; and
- Earn a minimum overall GPA of 2.0.
Economics degree candidates may not take any course on a credit/no credit or pass/fail basis.
Students should refer to DARSweb for Students to track their progress towards degree completion.