Listed below is a directory of the hot spots of interest for students in the Springfield and surrounding area.
- Springfield Calendar of Events – Calendar of events in the Springfield area
- Attractions – Whats up and fun to do?
- Churches and other places of worship – Worship services for all denominations
- Entertainment – Whats going on around Springfield that students at UIS enjoy.
- Hair Care -Listed below is a directory of the most popular hair salons and barber shops in Springfield.
- International Resources
- Medical, Dental and Vision – Health services and location directory of medical, dental and vision needs.
- Nail and Spa -Most popular nails and spas in the surround area of UIS.
- Restaurants – Most talked about Restaurants by students at UIS.
- Shopping – Shopping in and around Springfield.
- Transportation – link to Planes, Trains and Automobiles transporation to and from UIS.
The Diversity Center is a unique location to find on the U of I Springfield campus. I can truly say the staff and organizations care about the needs of each student. The Diversity Center is a place of comfort and tool full of resources. – Dominique Wilson
The diversity center helps me by providing a safe place for everyone on campus, regardless of who they are. It allows someone to be his- or herself and not have to worry about being harassed for it. It is a great haven for anybody looking to get away from people for a while. – John Stewart
The diversity center is very important to me because it is a place where I can study and feel comfortable. There are many resources available and the free printing is awesome. – Alberto Dominguez
“The Diversity Center has been a real asset to UIS. It provides a safe, healthy environment for any student, regardless of race, gender or sexual orientation, to come and be heard. College is a time where students can come to mold identities, and I believe that the Diversity Center plays a big role in helping students find their voice. What makes the UIS Diversity Center great is their mission to reach students, not the other way around. Unlike some other schools, they make sure that students know that their door is always open through various programs and events.” …………….. Jeremy Nelson
The Diversity Center on campus has helped me get more involved with the school. It’s an office in which I can walk into and get help from anyone in there with anything I need. Dr. Ford is always great help and is always open for new ideas and advice. The center is great with letting students know that they are there to help anyone no matter what cultural background they come from. The offices in the center are always useful as well including the LGBTQ office. It is a great place to go to and it s well known because of its participation in different events throughout the year.