Registering for ODS Services
After you are admitted to UIS you should contact the Office of Disability Services for an appointment.
All prospective or new students must:
- Once you are admitted to UIS, contact the Office of Disability Services to discuss your disability and needs. You will be assigned a Disability Specialist who will assist you in exploring appropriate services and adjustments.
- Schedule an initial interview with a Disability Specialist to register with the Office of Disability Services. Complete paperwork (application, confidentiality agreement, release of information forms, etc.) during the initial appointment.
- Review the UIS Office of Disability Services Student Manual
- Provide documentation of your disability that meets UIS criteria for obtaining disability related academic adjustments. See disability documentation criteria.
- Request adjustments for your classes each semester.
- Hand deliver letters of adjustment to your professors and verbally discuss those adjustments with each professor. For online students, email the letters to your professors for discussion via email and/or phone.
It is University of Illinois Springfield’s policy not to discriminate against qualified persons with disabilities in its admission policies or procedures or its educational programs, services, and activities.