Registering for ODS Services
After you are admitted to UIS you should contact the Office of Disability Services for an appointment.
All prospective or new students must:
- Once you are admitted to UIS, contact the Office of Disability Services to discuss your disability and needs. You will be assigned a Disability Specialist who will assist you in exploring appropriate services and accommodations.
- Schedule an initial interview with a Disability Specialist to register with the Office of Disability Services. Complete paperwork (application, confidentiality agreement, release of information forms, etc.) during the initial appointment.
- Review the UIS Office of Disability Services Student Manual
- Provide documentation of your disability that meets UIS criteria for obtaining disability related academic accommodations. See disability documentation criteria.
- Request accommodations for your classes each semester.
- Hand deliver letters of accommodation to your professors and verbally discuss those accommodations with each professor.
It is University of Illinois Springfield’s policy not to discriminate against qualified persons with disabilities in its admission policies or procedures or its educational programs, services, and activities.